Saturday, August 27, 2016

I got nothing...

The title says it all - I got nothing. Things have been rather calm as of late. Just chugging along and trying not to create any major issues. J is unwillingly getting ready for the start of the new school year. He doesn't want to go back, especially since the first day also happens to be his birthday. I keep telling him he has to go, regardless of how many times he says he wants to stay home! But that's to be expected. I personally don't know what it's like to have to be at school on your birthday (joys of an August birthday), but I know I never wanted to work on mine! 

I've been thoroughly enjoying Ulta's return policy though. I went so many YEARS without using any styling products and now I have hair that requires product. Granted, my stylist got some products in for me, but I also have been trial and error-ing it at Ulta. I had a bad experience the other day when I went to a location I've never been at before. Got into an argument with the associate that was trying to ring me out. I had ordered something a while back and wanted to return it. I had the shipping receipt and she kept saying that I would get the lowest rung price for it. I finally said that I've been shopping and returning items at Ulta longer then she has worked for the company and just to do it my way. She finally called her manager up and agreed that I was right. Fortunately - the girl just sulked away and the manager finished ringing out my order. Just annoys me when people try to tell me that I'm wrong. Oh well. It's not like I'm going to stop shopping with Ulta. Just no longer at that location.

I can't remember if last time I mentioned that I had finally hired a lawyer for my Social Security Disability claim. I know by having him it won't spend up the process of being assigned a judge, but it will help to have him when I finally GET a judge and have to go before them. I'm glad I waited as long as I did though. There would have had been no point to hire him back in January when I was first denied, he'd been siting around and doing nothing, but now that I'm closed to when I will be assigned a judge - it makes more sense. It also helps to have someone in my corner that knows when I need and how to go about doing it. Just gives a certain comfort level to everything. 

I put my second set of Jamberry nails on last night. It was a bit easier then when I first did them. I'm hoping that these ones stay on a bit longer then the last set did. But fortunately when the first set started coming off - it was easy to get the rest off. Just had to gently pull them and they lifted off. But this is less expensive and MUCH less harmful to my natural nails then going to the nail salon and getting the gels put on. I miss having that time to go and get them done and how pretty they would be for 2+ weeks, but the last salon I was going to - RUINED my natural nails. Oh well. Not like I really have the money for them right now anyways. 

I got my Ninja yesterday. Already made two smoothies with it! It works GREAT but OMFG is it LOUD! It was a bit better then morning then last night, but I also adjusted a few things: less ice, more water stuff. But I hope this helps and it'll keep me from just wanting to go out to the Y to get a smoothie - I can stay home and make a bigger one and NOT spend the $4 or $5 it'd cost there! Though, I do need to get back into the groove of going to the Y. I need to swim more and entertain injuring myself on the treadmills... 

I was bummed about the Nike's my mom got me. Even though they're a size 12 wide - they are too narrow for my feet. So she suggested I switch a mens shoe. I can get the width I need easier that way. Once I get a chance - I'll head to Kohl's and pick out a new pair. 

Right now I'm just hoping my other rings come back from my jeweler friends soon. I sent them 4 rings I have purchased from them over the years at Faire that had gotten too small for my sausage fingers. I just can't wait to start wearing them again! I have so much pretty jewelry, that it's almost a crime when I can't wear any of it! I'm still really pissed off that the other woman who lives in the house with me stole my most prized piece, but I talked to my ex father-in-law today and we agreed on a course of action. The jewelry store that I had the original piece made at is having another event in October or November and she needs to pay for me to get a new piece of comparable value. Seems only fair in my own thoughts. She apparently no longer has what she took, so she needs to replace it. I feel like having my diamond studs set into a ring and a necklace... But ask me again after I make her pay... Maybe I'll just get a stone at the store instead. Who knows?!

I'm still having trouble with the whole weight loss situation. I'm constantly hungry and it's really pissing me off! I want to do good and drop the weight that I need to, not only to make the surgeon happy, but myself and to prove that I can actually do what's needed to make the surgery successful. But if I'm constantly hungry it's going to make it extremely difficult and make me ultimately unsuccessful. And I don't know what to do. But I need to keep hope alive and just take everything one day at a time, and one meal at a time.

Well, apparently I did have SOMETHING to say tonight. HA! But I think I'm done ranting for right now. I will admit that I'm glad I picked this back up again. I still poke Tim to see if he wants to do a show with me, and he seems interested in doing so because we both think it'd be fun, and the past 3 years we've done shows for Pride48 weekend. It's just a case of buckling down and sorting out all the information. Like whose going to bounce and post, pay for the hosting and what sites to use. But we will see. 

Until next time... Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment